This twist on an old favourite brings new life to a simple Caesar salad, and this easy instant Caesar Salad dressing will soon become your new best friend.
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce cut into halves along the long edge. Keep the base of the lettuce in tact so that it doesn't separate out into leaves.
- 4 large slices of pumpernickel bread
- Zengarry Caesar Salad Dressing
Heat up the Bar-B to medium high. Once hot carefully grill the bread on each side until it has nice grill marks. Remove bread from the grill and rub each slice with half a garlic clove. Next place the romaine halves on the grill cut side down and carefully grill until they have nice grill marks.
Place a piece of bread on the plate, top with a romaine half, grilled side up. Drizzle with Zengarry Caesar Salad Dressing (see below) and garnish with caper berries and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 package of Zengarry Gruyère Cashew Cheese
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of capers with some brine
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.