This meal is surprisingly hearty and totally delicious. I love raw 'cooking' in the summertime when fresh locally grown produce is readily available, and you never have to turn on the stove.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely minced or grated
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large beets, peeled and sliced into paper-thin rounds
- 1 package Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs Cashew Cheese
To prepare beets, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Add sliced beets and marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight.
Lay half the beets on a flat surface. Using a spoon, scoop 1 tablespoon Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese in the center of each beet slice. Cover cheese with another sliced beet to complete ravioli.
Garnish with chives, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and pepper, if desired.