1. Creamy Spinach Pasta Pasta and cheese go together like peanut butter and jelly. This is one of the tastiest pasta recipes in our repertoire and it's packed with healthy greens! The thick creamy sauce is just a touch on the spicy side. This dish takes about 15 minutes from start to finish and it's sure to become a staple on your dinner table.
1 yellow onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 c. sliced mushrooms (or whatever veggies you happen to have such as asparagus, bell peppers, broccoli....)
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 pkg. frozen spinach, chopped
1/2 to 3/4 pkg. of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Creme cashew cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooked pasta (I used organic kamut rotini, to make it gluten-free, but you can use whatever you like)
1. Sauté the onion, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in a bit of oil or broth until onions are translucent.
2. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes more.
3. Add chopped spinach and cook until thawed.
4. Add Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Creme cashew cheese and mix well.
5. Add cooked pasta and toss.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Tempeh Mushroom Stroganoff
One package of your favourite pasta cooked according to package directions.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 pkg. Noble Bean Smoked Onion tempeh, crumbled
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss style cashew cheese
2 c. mushrooms of your choice
1/2 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 c. vegetable broth
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent.
2. Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook until the mushrooms are tender and most of the water has cooked off.
3. Add tempeh and stir into mushroom mixture, cooking 5 minutes more.
4. Add Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss style cashew cheese, broth and paprika and stir until cashew cheese has melted and all is well combined and creamy.
5. Add additional broth if needed.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Toss with your cooked pasta and serve immediately.
3. Mexican-Style Mac and Cheese
This zesty twist on a classic favourite will have your family asking for seconds!
1 pkg. whole wheat (or gluten-free) macaroni noodles cooked according to package directions
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese
1 yellow onion, minced
1 c. of vegetable broth
2 tsp. corn starch
1 c. of salsa
1/2 tsp. salt or pepper to taste
1. In a large sauce pan, sauté onion in a bit of vegetable broth until translucent. Add Zengarry Smokey Jalpeno cashew cheese and vegetable broth (reserve 1/4 cup) and mix until smooth.
2. Add corn starch to reserved vegetable broth and whisk until all the lumps are gone. Add corn starch mixture to pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir constantly until it has thickened.
3. Add salsa and salt and pepper and mix well. Simmer until the sauce has thickened to the desired consistency.
4. Add cooked macaroni noodles, mix to combine. Sprinkle with a pinch of paprika and serve immediately.