These 3 vegan Holiday Appetizer recipes are so easy, no one will ever know that you didn’t spend hours in the kitchen! They are dairy-free, delicious and look absolutely stunning on your Holiday Appetizer table or when you bring them to a potluck!
Watch your culinary creations disappear as your guests polish off these fun Mini Pretzel Cheeseball appetizers, a beautiful Holiday Cheese Log and our sweet Baked Brie with Maple Syrup!
Baked Brie with Maple Syrup
This Canadian take on baked brie will satisfy even the biggest sweet tooth in your family! It is so yummy, they will never notice that it is vegan or gluten-free!
1 pkg. of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème cashew cheese
1/4 c. fresh Canadian maple syrup
A handful of pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème cashew cheese in a small oven-proof dish and drizzle the maple syrup over it.
2. Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes. In a small frying pan toast the pecans over medium high heat until slightly darker in colour. Use the toasted pecans to decorate your Baked Brie. Enjoy!
Mini Pretzel Cheeseball Bites
Watch these mini vegan cheeseball bites disappear as your guests eat them up! This vegan and dairy-free appetizer is made with our Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese and is the perfect fun fingerfood for your next holiday party!
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese 1/4 c. chopped pecan pieces 2 Tbsp. chopped rosemary or chopped green onion
1/4 c. bacon flavoured tempeh (crumbled and sautéd) or simulated bacon bits 10 pretzel sticks
1. Combine the crumbled tempeh (or bacon bits), chopped rosemary and chopped pecan pieces in a shallow bowl and combine well.
2. With a small (about 1/2 Tbsp.) ice cream scoop, scoop out balls of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese and drop them into the tempeh mixture.
3. Carefully roll them around until they are covered with the mixture.
4. Arrange the cheeseballs on a serving platter and insert a pretzel stick into each one.
5. Refrigerate the cheeseballs until you are ready to serve them.
Holiday Brie Log
This beautiful and festive Brie log is deceivingly easy to make! Not only it is vegan, but it is also suitable for your guests who have gluten-free or dairy-free dietary needs. It shows superbly on your decorated Holiday table with crackers, bread and fruit as an appetizer or as an addition to your holiday cheese board.
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème (Brie) cashew cheese
3 Tbsp. shelled pistachios
3 Tbsp. pine nuts
1-2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
2 Tbsp. dried cranberries (optional)
1. Allow your Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème cashew cheese to come to room temperature for 15-20 minutes until slightly softened.
2. Place spoonfuls of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème in a line in the middle of a piece of plastic wrap to form a log. Use the plastic wrap to form it into the desired shape. Toast your pine nuts gently over high heat until golden. Allow them to cool.
3. Chop pistachios, pine nuts, cranberries and thyme and mix them together in a bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the Brie log and pat the nuts gently into the cheese. Wrap the plastic wrap around the cheese log and gently form into a log shape. Refrigerate for one hour or more. Serve with bread and sliced apples or pears.
Click here to find a store near you: