At Fauxmagerie Zengarry, we know how much fans of fauxmage love fondues! We have put together our 3 favourite vegan cheese fondues, perfect for your next party! We have recipes for a creamy Swiss fondue, a zesty Mexican and one made with our sharp cheddar-style Ale Aged! Get dipping!
Creamy Swiss Cheese Fondue
Who doesn't love an amazing Swiss fondue recipe? This recipe is one of our favourites for a fun party food or a great family dinner!
2 pkgs. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese 1 c. dry white wine or 1/2 c. wine and 1/2 c. vegetable broth or water
1/4 c. water
3 Tbsp. tapioca flour
dash of nutmeg
1 clove garlic, minced
Dash of white pepper
1 Tbsp. Kirsch
1. Chop your Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss Cashew Cheese into chunks and add to a pot. Over medium heat, whisk in the wine. Gently heat stirring often until cheese is completely melted. Do not allow it to boil.
2. Combine the water and tapioca flour in a small bowl and stir into a smooth paste. Add to the cheese mixture and cook stirring constantly until the fondue thickens (2-3 minutes). If needed, thin with a bit more wine or water.
3. Transfer to a fondue pot and serve with chunks of bread, roasted vegetables or steamed vegetables.
Mexican Cheese Fondue
This vegan fondue recipe uses our zesty Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese and is always a huge hit!
2 pkgs. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese
1 Mexican beer
1 Tbsp. tapioca flour + 1/4 cup water
1/4- 1/3 c. salsa
1/2 c. sliced black olives
1. Add the Zengarry cashew cheese and the beer to a thick bottomed sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk the mixture as the cheese melts to get a creamy consistency.
2. Mix together the tapioca flour and water in a small bowl until there are no lumps. Once the cheese mixture is nice and hot, add the tapioca/water paste and mix well until slightly thickened. 3. Add the salsa and black olives and mix well. Pour into a fondue pot that has been rubbed with a garlic clove and serve with your favourite dip-able foods.
Here are just a few suggestions: Broccoli
Use your imagination!! Happy dipping!
Ale Aged Cheese Fondue
We have taken our new Ale Aged sharp cheddar style cashew cheese and combined it with beer to create a unique, pub-style flavour that is perfect for dipping soft pretzels!
2 packages Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged cashew cheese
1 cup beer
¼ cup water
3 Tbsp. tapioca flour
1. Add chunks of chopped Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged cashew
cheese to a pot. Over medium heat, whisk in beer, stirring often until cheese is completely melted. Do not allow it to boil.
2. Combine water and tapioca flour in a small bowl and stir into a smooth paste. Add to the cheese mixture, stirring constantly until the fondue
thickens. Thin with more beer or water if needed.
3. Transfer to a fondue pot. Serve with chunks of pretzel bread and
For more recipes like these, visit: