Who wants to spend hours standing over a hot stove after a long day at work? These easy vegan Instant Pot recipes can be put together quickly and are so hearty and delicious, you will never miss the dairy!
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Looking for fresh new ways to feed your lasagna addiction? This comforting vegan lasagna soup bowl is topped with a healthy dollop our Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herbs cashew cheese to create a creamy cheesy dairy-free bowl of goodness you can enjoy anytime. BONUS: It's made in the Instant Pot so it basically makes itself!
4 c. vegetable broth (one tetra pack carton)
1 medium onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 c. dried brown lentils
2 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. dried oregano
14 oz. can diced tomatoes
14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 tsp. sea salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
8 lasagna noodles
3 c. spinach leaves, chopped
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herbs cashew cheese
1. Add broth, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, lentils and tomatoes to the Instant Pot and stir a few times to blend. Cover and pressure cook on high until the lentils are just tender, about 8 minutes.
2. Release the pressure.
3. Break the lasagna noodles into large pieces and stir the broken noodles and spinach into the soup. Pressure cook on high for another 5 minutes, until the noodles are tender and the spinach is wilted. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spoon soup into bowls and top with a healthy scoop of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herbs cashew cheese. Garnish with fresh Italian parsley or basil and serve immediately.
Instant Pot Risotto with Mushrooms
Mushroom and Swiss combine to create this flavourful, cheesy vegan rice dish made in the Instant Pot that will warm you up on a cold Winter’s day!
3 Tbsp. vegan butter
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups mixed mushrooms
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
4 cups veggie or mushroom broth
½ pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese
¼ cup chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Set Instant Pot electric pressure cooker to sauté.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp. vegan butter.
3. Cook onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent.
4. Mix in rice and mushrooms. Turn Instant Pot off.
5. Pour in broth. Stir.
6. Set Instant Pot to manual – pressure cook for 7 minutes.
7. Quick pressure release.
8. Mix in the remaining 1 Tbsp. vegan butter, Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Instant Pot Mexican Rice
This zesty vegan Mexican Rice using our Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese is made in the Instant Pot and is quick and easy to make! If you have any leftover, you can use it to make burritos for lunch the next day!
1 can tomatoes with chilis, liquid included
4 oz. can tomato sauce
1 C. vegetable broth
1 C. rice
1 C. black beans
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1. Turn Instant Pot on sauté setting. Heat olive oil then add onion. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic.
2. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Keep stirring. Add rice and continuing stirring for one more minute.
3. Turn off Instant Pot. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, beans and vegetable broth. Add cayenne powder, cumin and salt to mixture and combine.
4. Cover Instant Pot and cook on Rice setting for 8 minutes (or 8 minutes on Manual mode).
5. Release pressure naturally for 5-10 minutes and then the remainder manually. Stir in Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese.
6. Serve into bowls and garnish with coriander.
Instant Pot Vegan Pumpkin Risotto
Use this recipe at your family weekend dinner or potluck or just to warm your heart on a weekday evening. All you have to do is serve it in a nice dish, add pine nuts and that's it! A perfect presentation! This recipe serves only 3 or 4 people as main course, so double it if you plan on feeding more!
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 ½ c. Arborio rice (rice for risotto)
1/4 c. dry white wine (optional)
4 c. vegetable broth
1/2 tsp. thyme, chopped
About 1 cup of pumpkin puree
Salt and pepper to season
3 Tbsp. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss or Aged Cumin cashew cheese
2 Tbsp. pine nuts, slightly roasted
1. In Instant Pot, heat olive oil on Sauté setting. Add onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
2. Add rice and mix to coat well. The rice will become a little translucent.
3. Add wine to onion and rice mixture and allow the liquid to evaporate. Add thyme.
4. Add broth.
5. Put lid on Instant Pot and seal and cook on Manual for 7 minutes.
6. Turn off Instant pot and do quick release. Open, stir and garnish with toasted pine nuts.
7. Add pumpkin purée, Fauxmagerie Zengarry cashew cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
Cheddary Broccoli Soup
Here's a Zengarry twist on a creamy classic soup! This warm and hearty vegan dish uses our Ale Aged cheddar-style cashew cheese made with Beau's All Natural Brewing Co.'s Lug Tread Ale.
Ingredients: 1 Tbsp. olive oil 1 medium yellow onion, diced 3 cloves of garlic, minced 4 c. broccoli stems and florets, chopped 2 carrots, peeled and chopped ½ tsp. turmeric ¾ tsp. salt 4 c. vegetable broth 1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged cheddar-style cashew cheese Freshly ground pepper to taste Instructions: 1. Preheat a 4-quart pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and a pinch of salt and sauté the onion until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. 2. Add the broccoli, carrots, turmeric, 3 cups of broth and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and cook about 10 minutes until the carrots are tender. 3. While the soup is simmering, in a blender or food processor, blend the Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged cashew cheese with the remaining cup of broth. 4. Once the carrots are tender, add the cheese mixture to the soup pot and warm through. Season with freshly ground pepper. 5. With an immersion blender, or in batches in the food processor, purée the soup until only small bits of broccoli and carrot remain. Serve warm, garnished with fresh chives, sprouts and fresh pepper.
For where to buy our cashew cheese products, visit: