Our Zengarry Queso sauce is zesty and versatile and can be used in so many dishes! Here are 5 different ways to serve this cheesy sauce made with our Smokey Jalapeño that we are sure you will love!
Zengarry Queso Sauce
Dip your favourite tortilla chips, bread or veggies in our delicious Zengarry Queso Sauce. Make extra and use it in one of our other zesty recipes!
1 package of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup prepared salsa Cayenne pepper to taste (REMEMBER.. a little goes a long way! Just a pinch will do!)
1. In a small saucepan, combine Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese and almond milk over medium low heat. Chop the cheese with a spoon and whisk until smooth and creamy.
2. Add salsa and cayenne pepper and warm. Not too much, you don't want it to boil or stick to the pan!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Queso Sauce
If you have some Zengarry Queso Sauce left over, it can be used in this lovely sweet and spicy dish! It's like a taco in a sweet potato!! The Smoked Onion flavour tempeh by Noble Bean will win you over!
4 sweet potatoes
1 pkg. Noble Bean Smoked Onion tempeh
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 yellow onion, minced
1/2 red bell pepper, minced
1 tomato, diced
1 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeno cashew cheese
Zengarry Queso sauce (link to recipe below)
1. Poke your sweet potatoes with a fork a few times then pop them in the oven for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees F. They are ready when they are soft all the way through when poked with a fork. Allow them to cool about 10 minutes.
2. Make your tempeh and black bean stuffing. Sauté onion and bell pepper in a pan over medium heat. Use a bit of olive oil or water to prevent sticking. Once the onion is soft and translucent add the black beans, tomato and spices. Sauté for 5 minutes more stirring to prevent sticking.
3. Slice your sweet potatoes lengthwise with a sharp knife without cutting all the way through. Spread the two halves and stuff with tempeh black bean mixture.
4. Top with Zengarry Queso Sauce and chopped avocado. Garnish with a bit of chopped cilantro and lime if you have it! Mmmmmmm. Olé!
Mexican Style Poutine
Forget about the usual poutine! This poutine is done up Zengarry style, smothered in a warm, cheesy sauce made with our Smokey Jalapeno and topped with vegan chorizo, tomatoes, and avocados! Mmmmm.
Ingredients: 4 cups French fries 1 cup vegan chorizo
1 avocado 1 fresh tomato, diced
1 Tbsp. olive oil 1 package Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeno cashew cheese ½ cup vegetable broth Your favourite vegan gravy sauce
Green onions for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare fries according to package instructions. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the vegan chorizo for 6-8 minutes or until crispy.
2. In a casserole over medium heat, mix the Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeno cashew cheese and the vegetable broth. Mix well until blend. Set aside.
3. Start building your poutine: Add French fries, vegan gravy, chorizo, avocado, tomatoes and drizzle with the Smokey Jalapeno cheese sauce.
Cheesy Layered Bean Dip
Here's an easy snack with a flavourful kick made with leftover Zengarry Queso Sauce! These can even be made the night before and be eaten as an after-school snack.
1 can refried beans with jalapeños
3/4 c. salsa
Zengarry Queso Sauce (recipe at top of page)
1 c. chopped romaine lettuce
3 green onions, chopped
A handful of sliced black olives
1. Layer the refried beans in an oven proof dish. Top with salsa and Zengarry's Queso Sauce. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Top with lettuce, green onions and olives.
2. Serve warm with your favourite nacho chips!
Pumpkin Black Bean Burritos with Queso sauce
An absolutely amazing dish with our fantastic queso sauce! What more can you ask for?
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, minced
1 can black beans, drained
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp. lime juice
2 tsp maple syrup
8-10 flour or corn tortillas
1 cup of your favourite salsa
1 cup of Zengarry Queso Sauce
Green onions, cilantro, and/or avocado for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and jalapeño and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the black beans, spices, salt pumpkin puree and stir in well.
3. Cook stirring until everything is heated through and well mixed. Remove from heat and add the lime juice and maple syrup.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an oven proof casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Lay a tortilla flat.
5. Fill with about 1/3 cup of the pumpkin mixture and roll up like a cigar. Place the burrito at the inside edge of the casserole.
6. Repeat this process with the rest of the tortillas, lining the filled burritos up next to each other in the casserole.
7. Top the tortillas with salsa and Zengarry Queso sauce.
8. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the foil and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes.
10. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and/or avocado and serve warm.
For where to buy our products, visit: