Brie en Croûte (Brie in pastry) is a favourite holiday staple, and for good reason! If there's anything better than cheese, it's cheese baked in pastry! This simple recipe uses our Double Creme cashew cheese and has sinfully decadent results.
Serve it for dessert with apple and pear slices!
First, make your Spiced Cranberry Sauce and allow it to chill for at least an hour. You will have leftover Cranberry Sauce, but you can serve it for Christmas dinner or on another holiday cheese plate to accompany your Zengarry Double Creme (Brie) or Holiday Brie cashew cheese!
Spiced Cranberry Sauce with Oranges, Pecans and Port
Serves 6 12 oz. fresh cranberries 1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. toasted pecan halves 11 oz. canned mandarin oranges, drained 1/2 tsp. allspice 1/4 c. port
1. Combine all ingredients except port in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
2. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the cranberries have “burst and released their juices, about 10 minutes.
3. Add port, stir completely and chill.
Brie en Croûte
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Creme (Brie) cashew cheese 1/2 c. Spiced Cranberry Sauce with Oranges, Pecans and Port (See recipe above)
1 pkg. vegan puff pastry (I used Tenderflake; you will only use 1/2 of this)
Almond milk and olive oil for brushing
1. Roll out your puff pastry on a floured surface until it's about 10 inches square. Trim your pastry to about the size and shape of a large dinner plate. Save the trimmings to decorate the top of your pastry.
2. Place about 1/2 cup of Spiced Cranberry Sauce with Oranges, Pecans and Port in the centre of your puff pastry circle. Place your wheel of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Creme (Brie) cashew cheese on top of the Cranberry sauce.
3. Brush the edges of the pastry circle with almond milk and fold up around the Brie to form a package. Pat the edges in place. Flip your nut cheese/pastry package over and place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Decorate your pastry with pastry cut outs (small cookie cutters are handy for this), brushing each piece with almond milk before applying so that it sticks.
5. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Brush your pastry all over with a little olive oil and cook for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Not sure where to buy our vegan cashew cheese? Visit our store locator: