Ingredients: 1/2 package of vegan puff pastry, flat bread or any other kind of bread 1 Tbsp vegan margarine 1 small onion, minced 1/2 pound of asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces with 3-4 left long for garnishing the top of the tart 8-10 mushrooms, sliced some reserved for decorating the top of the tart 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 tsp herbes de Provence 3 Tbsp. dry white wine 1/2 package of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese 1/2 tsp sea salt
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Roll out puff pastry to a size to fit your tart pan. Spray your tart pan with a little non-stick spray. Lay your puff pastry in the tart pan and tuck in the edges.
3. Add margarine to a preheated non-stick frying pan. Add onion, chopped mushrooms, asparagus, garlic and herbs de Provence and sauté on medium heat until the vegetables soften (about 10 minutes). Deglaze the pan by adding wine and mixing well until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Turn the heat down to low and add Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese and salt. Mix well and remove from heat.
5. Spread your cheese mixture into the puff pastry shell and garnish with reserved asparagus spears cut in half lengthwise and mushroom slices.
6. Brush the top of pastry and tart with a bit of melted margarine and bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
For more recipes like this, visit: