A perfect quick weeknight dinner!
8 corn tortillas
Your favourite prepared or home-made salsa
Roasted or mashed sweet potato (see note below)
Black bean puree
Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Chopped green onions for garnish
1. Spread about 1/4 cup of black bean puree on 4 of the tortillas.
2. Add some roasted or mashed sweet potato and 2-3 Tbsp. of salsa.
3. Top with another tortilla.
4. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
5. Cook each tortilla in the dry skillet on each side for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned.
6. Transfer to a plate and serve with guacamole, more salsa and garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions as desired.
(Note: to cook sweet potato puncture your sweet potatoes several times with a fork, place on a cookie sheet and cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 40 minutes or until soft. After your sweet potatoes have cooled, peel and mash with a fork.)
Makes 4 quesadillas.