Ingredients: 1 package of vegan puff pastry (I used Tenderflake) ½ package of your favorite Fauxmagerie Zengarry cashew cheese (I tried the Gruyère and the Smokey Jalapeno) 1 package of Yves Veggie Pepperoni 1 small can of pizza sauce (or homemade) 2-3 Tbsp. of olive oil 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped 1 lb. of button mushrooms, quartered 1 tsp. of dried basil 1 tsp. of dried oregano 1 tsp. of garlic powder Pinch of salt
Preparation: 1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Sauté your veggies in 1 Tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Adding in the basil, oregano, garlic powder and salt. Set them aside.
3. Roll out your puff pastry until you have two 6" x 6" squares. Use a small bowl or plate or even a cup as a template to cut out circles. Just place it on the pastry and use a knife to cut around it. I made 4 from each square of puff pastry.
4. Place your puff pastry circles on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Add toppings to one side of your circle avoiding the edges. You will be folding them in half and sealing them.
5. To each circle add about a tablespoon of pizza sauce, 3-4 veggie pepperoni slices, a dollop of sautéd veggies and a dollop of your Fauxmagerie Zengarry cashew cheese. Fold the puff pastry in half over the stuffings and seal the edges with a fork. Crimp all around the edges. This step can be a bit challenging if you stuffed your calzones with too much good stuff like I did, but it will all work out.
6. Brush the tops of the calzones with the remaining olive oil and prick them with a fork. You can make little 'v's like I did. Or your favourite kid's initials.
7. Bake at 375 F for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and puffed.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then devour them. Maybe with extra pizza sauce for dipping.