Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co.’s Culinary Manager and In-house Chef Elisa Matte shares this tasty creation made with our very own Ale Aged cashew cheese! Our Ale Aged is a sharp cheddar-style vegan cheese made with Beau’s Lug Tread Ale and its hearty flavour goes perfectly with these smoked tofu tacos by Chef Elisa!
Ingredients for the tofu ground mix:
1 block smoked tofu, grated or small diced
1 large onion minced
1 large carrot grated
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1/4 tsp allspice, ground
1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
1 pinch cloves, ground
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1. In a heavy bottomed pot, over medium to high, heat oil, slowly sweat onions and carrots 5-6 min until beginning to turn translucent in color.
2. Add garlic and spices. Mix well and continue to cook 2-4 min until spices begin to toast.
3. Add grated tofu and stir gently.
4. Continue to cook over medium heat 4-5 min until tofu is heated thru and spices begging to mellow. Turn on low or remove from heat until ready to serve.
Ingredients for Corn salsa Garnish:
1 cup corn kernels
1 sweet bell pepper, small diced
1 small onion, small diced
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1/2 tsp cane sugar
1 fresh lime, zested and juiced. ( reserve for after cooled)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix all salsa Ingredients.
3. On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread corn mix evenly and bake 10-15 min or until corn starts to brown and crisp.
4. Remove from oven, cool completely before adding lime zest and juice. Mix well.
To build the taco you will need:
Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged
Fresh cilantro sprigs
Instructions to build tacos:
1. Place warm tortilla on board.
2. Spread 1 tsp Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged on warm tortilla.
3. Top with 1 tbsp warm tofu mix.
4. Garnish with slice fresh avocado, 1 teaspoonful of corn salsa and a sprig of fresh cilantro. Eat and enjoy!
For more recipes using our Ale Aged Cheddar, visit: