Chef Mel from Grow Your Roots Cafe shares with us her delicious vegan Brunch recipe for warm, cheesy biscuits drizzled in a creamy vegan Hollandaise sauce. These dairy-free biscuits are the perfect addition to your vegan Brunch plate!
Mel's Cheesy Biscuits
3 cups of all purpose flour
½ cup of whole wheat flour
1 ½ TBSP of baking powder
½ tsp of sea salt
2/3 cup of cold non-dairy butter
1 ½ cup of soy milk
½ package of cold Fauxmagerie Zengarry Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil cashew cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and sea salt together. Cut in non-dairy butter, and using hands, make sure your butter has reached a pea size butter and flour consistency
3. Gradually pour in milk and use a fork or strong spatula to gently combine your dough. Once ¾ ‘s of the way mixed, fold in your Fauxmagerie Zengarry Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil cashew cheese chunks and bring together into a dough ball.
4. Turn out onto a floured surface and cut into biscuit form. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown on tops and bottoms of biscuits.
5. Let cool before cutting into!
Creamy Hollandaise Sauce
1/3 cup of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese
3 Tbsp of non-dairy butter
¾- 1 cup of soy milk
½ TBSP of Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp of lemon juice
2 Tbsp of brown rice flour
2 Tbsp of nutritional yeast
½ tsp of ground pepper
1/8 tsp of turmeric
1. Place Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese and non-dairy butter into a medium size saucepan on low medium heat and let melt.
2. Sprinkle brown rice flour onto melted mixture and whisk well.
3. Pour in lemon juice and Dijon and whisk again until smooth. Gradually pour in soy milk, whisking as you go – then add nutritional yeast, turmeric and pepper.
4. Continue whisking until mixture becomes thicker – add more soy milk if needed. Remove from heat and pour mixture through a sieve before pouring on top of your dish. Serve immediately.
For where to buy our cheese, visit: