Bbq season is here and who doesn't love the taste of grilled bbq veggies? Fresh and crispy sourdough, a thick layer of Zengarry’s Garlic & Fine Herb cashew cheese & Sun-dried Tomato Basil pesto, a fresh sweet basil dressing, all stacked up to the create the most satisfying sandwich. Give it a try!
Watch video demonstration here!
Makes about 4-5 sandwiches, depending on size of bread.
8-10 slices of fresh sourdough bread
1 pkg Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herb cashew cheese
4-6 tbs Zengarry Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
2 zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
2 bell peppers, quartered
1 yellow onion
1 tomato, sliced
herbs for topping (basil, parsley etc.)
1/2 cup olive oil
4 tbs bumble bloom honey or maple syrup
4 tbs dijon
4 tbs apple cider or white wine vinegar
2 tbs dried thyme
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tbs fresh basil
salt & pepper to taste
1. Add all sauce ingredients into a mason jar, shake and adjust salt + pepper.
2. Cut the vegetables and add to a big bowl. Toss with about half the dressing.
3. Drizzle the oil onto the slices of bread.
4. Turn on your grill and/or grill pan. Add the veggies first, then halfway through add the bread.and flip the veggies.
5. Remove from the grill. Spread on a thick layer of cashew cheese on one slice of bread, sun-dried tomato pesto on the other side. Layer on a few pieces of zucchini, bell pepper and onion. Then add your tomato slices, and a good drizzle of the basil sauce. Add the other slice of bread, press down and slice in half, diagonally. Add toothpicks through each sandwich to hold it together.
6. Serve warm or place in fridge, it lasts for up to 1 day.
Don't forget to share your creations with us on Instagram - @zengarryveg !