This zesty vegan Mexican Rice using our Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese is made in the Instant Pot and is quick and easy to make! If you have any leftover, you can use it to make burritos for lunch the next day!
1 can tomatoes with chilis, liquid included
4 oz. can tomato sauce
1 C. vegetable broth
1 C. rice
1 C. black beans
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1. Turn Instant Pot on sauté setting. Heat olive oil then add onion. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic.
2. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Keep stirring. Add rice and continuing stirring for one more minute.
3. Turn off Instant Pot. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, beans and vegetable broth. Add cayenne powder, cumin and salt to mixture and combine.
4. Cover Instant Pot and cook on Rice setting for 8 minutes (or 8 minutes on Manual mode).
5. Release pressure naturally for 5-10 minutes and then the remainder manually. Stir in Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese.
6. Serve into bowls and garnish with coriander.
For where to buy our cashew cheese products, visit: