Now that the weather is getting warmer, we are gearing up for summer with some picnic friendly recipes. We're excited to be partnering with our pals at Gogo Quinoa to bring you the first in a series of plant-based recipes. This fresh and feisty pasta salad recipe would be a perfect picnic dish, great for a summer BBQ or just make a big batch for easy and delicious weekday lunches! We kept it super green with seasonal asparagus, fresh greens and of course, the flavourful punch of fresh basil.
From May 12 through to May 21 you can stock up on your favourites from Fauxmagerie Zengarry and Gogo Quinoa and save 15% on both of our online stores with the promo code: PLANTLOVE15. We're also offering you an additional 10% off Zengarry Double Crème Brie cheese until May 21, 2021, to encourage you to try this recipe out for yourself!
· 4 cups cooked Gogo Quinoa rotini (1 package)
· 1 handful of spinach or arugula
· 1/2 cup Pesto (see recipe below or use your own!)
· 1/2 cup Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Creme cashew cheese in chunks
· 1/3 cup vegetable broth or water
· 10 cherry tomatoes halved
· ½ lb steamed asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
· ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· 2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
· Fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil to garnish
1. Cook Gogo Quinoa rotini according to package directions.
2. In the warm pot used to cook the pasta, add pesto, Zengarry Double Creme cashew cheese and vegetable broth.
3. Mix until well combined over low heat and heated through. Add the cooked pasta and toss well.
4. Transfer the pasta mixture to a bowl and add asparagus, spinach, artichokes and cherry tomatoes.
5. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with toasted pine nuts, and fresh basil. Drizzle with olive oil.
6. Serve warm or cold.
Zengarry Kitchen’s Fresh Pesto Recipe
· 2 handfuls of fresh basil
· 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
· 1-2 garlic cloves
· 1/3 c. pine nuts
· Juice of ½ lemon
· ½ tsp. pepper
· 1 tsp. salt
· ½ c. of olive oil
· ¼ c. of nutritional yeast
1. Place all the ingredients in the food processor and process well.