An absolutely amazing dish with a fantastic queso sauce! What more can you ask for?
Filling: 2 tsp. olive oil 1 medium yellow onion, diced 1 red bell pepper, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 jalapeño, minced 1 can black beans, drained 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder 1/2 tsp ground cumin 1/2 tsp smoked paprika 1/2 tsp salt 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree 1 Tbsp. lime juice 2 tsp maple syrup
Burritos: 8-10 flour or corn tortillas 1 cup of your favourite salsa 1 cup of Zengarry Queso Sauce (see recipe link below)
Green onions, cilantro, and/or avocado for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and jalapeño and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the black beans, spices, salt pumpkin puree and stir in well.
3. Cook stirring until everything is heated through and well mixed. Remove from heat and add the lime juice and maple syrup.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an oven proof casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Lay a tortilla flat.
5. Fill with about 1/3 cup of the pumpkin mixture and roll up like a cigar. Place the burrito at the inside edge of the casserole.
6. Repeat this process with the rest of the tortillas, lining the filled burritos up next to each other in the casserole.
7. Top the tortillas with salsa and Zengarry Queso sauce.
8. Cover the casserole with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the foil and cook for 10 minutes more. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes.
10. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and/or avocado and serve warm.
Click here for Zengarry Queso Sauce recipe: