Pumpkin spice and everything nice! These delicious Double Crème filled pumpkin muffins are a go to recipe for the fall season but can be enjoyed all year round!
Recipe and content provided by @tracysnutritiontips
For the Cream Cheese Filling
• 150 g of dairy free cream cheese (~ ½ cup)
• 1 tsp flour
• 1 tbsp sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk* optional, only if the filling is too thick
For the Batter
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• ½ cup whole wheat flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp each of ground nutmeg, cloves, and ginger
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Scant ½ cup white sugar
• ¼ cup date or brown sugar
• Handful of pumpkin seeds, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. In a bowl, whip together the cream cheese, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond milk until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and place in the refrigerator.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (omitting the sugars) until well combined and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and sugars and mix thoroughly.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to over-mix. If the batter is too thick or dry, add almond milk 1 tbsp at a time until the batter resembles the consistency of oatmeal.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, portion the batter into a lined muffin tin.
7. Pipe a generous amount of the cream cheese filling into the center of each muffin, then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375F, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
Follow along on Youtube!
Download the recipe to save or print!