Change it up for lunch with this tasty sandwich!
1 tempeh package (I prefer Henry`s brand)
1 Tbsp. tamari
2 c. avocado oil
½ Tbsp. curry powder (I use David's Bombay Curry Powder)
½ tsp. garlic powder
1. Slice the tempeh into ¼ inch slices or more.
2. Mix all the other ingredients to make the marinade.
3. Marinate the slices for at least an hour, or overnight.
4. Place the slices of tempeh and remaining marinade in a nonstick skillet and fry until crisp.
Thousand Islands Sauce
½ c. veganaise or other veggie mayonnaise
2 c. ketchup
2 c. sweet relishes with pickles
½ Tbsp. garlic powder
Assemble the sandwiches:
4 to 6 slices of rye bread
Phoebe's Ferments Curtido or Kraut (juniper and cumin)
Thousand Islands sauce
Zengarry Swiss style cheese, grated
1. Toast the slices of bread, apply the sauce and place 3-4 pieces of tempeh.
2. Then add a layer of sauerkraut and finally a layer of Zengarry Swiss style cashew cheese. 3. Place under the broiler and grill until the cheese is melted and the sandwich is hot enough. If desired, garnish with a slice of dill pickle.