With the hot weather and all the fresh and local vegetables & fruits in season, summer is the perfect season to toss up some salads! This collection of hearty and unique vegan salad recipes will give you a fresh and exciting take on dressings and toppings done the Zengarry way. Our cashew cheeses add an extra burst of flavour and texture to every salad, so no more boring salads this season! Which will be your new favourite?
Avocado Citrus Salad with Fennel
This zesty Summer salad is chock full of fresh avocados and fennel and is topped with our very popular Garlic & Fine Herbs Cashew Cheese! Treat your guests to garden fresh!
1 orange, peeled and sliced
2 avocados, cut into wedges
1 sliced fennel
2 finely sliced radishes
1 coarsely chopped green onion
apple cider vinegar
fresh ground pepper
1. Combine first 5 ingredients.
2. Combine olive oil and apple cider vinegar and drizzle over salad.
3. Add Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herbs Cashew Cheese to salad with a scoop.
4. Season with paprika and ground pepper. Top with fennel sprigs.
Strawberry Arugula Salad
This salad is the perfect mix of sweet, tart, crunchy & creamy. It's incredibly satisfying and bursting with flavour. Topped with Zengarry's Double Creme, you'll have to give it a try.
Click here to watch the recipe TikTok video!
6 ounces, arugula
1.5 cups strawberries, de-stemmed & sliced
1/2 pkg. Zengarry Double Creme Cashew Cheese, frozen & cut into cubes
3 tbsp. hemp seeds
1/2 cup, basil, chopped
1 cup pecans
1/4 cup maple syrup
Pinch of Sea Salt
DRESSING (makes extra)
1/2 cup, olive oil
4 tbsp. , balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tbsp. maple syrup
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Freeze Zengarry Double Creme Cheese to then slice into cubes.
2. To make the pecans: preheat oven to 350F. Toss pecans with maple syrup & salt in a bowl. Place pecans on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 10-15 min, tossing halfway through. The nuts should be toasted and syrup caramelized.
3. To assemble the salad: On a large serving platter or bowl, layer all the salad ingredients except for the cheese.
4. Prepare the dressing: In a mason jar, combine all of the ingredients and shake until well combined. Taste, & add more salt or pepper if needed.
5. When ready to serve, remove cheese from freezer & cut into cubes and add to salad. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss.
Pesto Pasta Salad
This fresh and feisty pasta salad recipe would be a perfect picnic dish, great for a summer BBQ or just make a big batch for easy and delicious weekday lunches! We kept it super green with seasonal asparagus, fresh greens and of course, the flavourful punch of fresh basil. Ingredients
4 cups cooked Gogo Quinoa rotini, 1 pkg (or any other rotini pasta) 1 handful of spinach or arugula 1/2 cup Zengarry Basil Pesto 1/2 cup Zengarry Double Creme Cashew Cheese in chunks 1/3 cup, vegetable broth or water 10 cherry tomatoes, halved ½ lb steamed asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts salt & pepper, to taste 2 tbsp, toasted pine nuts fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil to garnish Instructions 1. Cook rotini according to package directions. 2. In the warm pot used to cook the pasta, add pesto, Zengarry Double Creme cashew cheese and vegetable broth. 3. Mix until well combined over low heat and heated through. Add the cooked pasta and toss well. 4. Transfer the pasta mixture to a bowl and add asparagus, spinach, artichokes and cherry tomatoes. 5. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with toasted pine nuts, and fresh basil. Drizzle with olive oil. 6. Serve warm or cold.
Pomegranate-Lime Salad with Aged Cumin Dressing
The unique flavour of our Aged Cumin cashew cheese is a match made in heaven for this light and zesty pomegranate-lime combo!
arugula leaves ½ cup sliced red onion (optional) ¼ cup pomegranate seeds 2 radishes, sliced
1 pkg, Fauxmagerie Zengarry Aged Cumin Cashew Cheese 2 tbsp. lime juice fresh cilantro fresh ground pepper
lime wedge, for garnish
1. Combine first four ingredients together. Drizzle with fresh lime juice.
2. Melt Zengarry Cashew Cheese and pour over salad.
3. Season with fresh ground pepper and garnish with cilantro and lime.
Vegan Mediterranean Feta Quinoa Salad
Made with our Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herb Cashew Cheese, this salad is super satisfying, fresh and healthy! Perfect for a picnic or light summer meal.
Click here for the recipe TikTok Video!
4 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup chickpeas
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 cup cucumber, sliced
3/4 cup olives, pitted & sliced
1 cup basil & mint
2/3 cup diced red onion
1/3 cup toasted almond slivers
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1/2 pkg. Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herb Cashew Cheese (Freeze it to easily chop into small cubes)
DRESSING (makes double)
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 Tbsp.. dried oregano
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Add all salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss.
2. Add all dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake until well combined.
3. Pour about half of the dressing into the salad, toss and add more to your liking.
4. Cut the frozen Cashew Cheese into cubes, set aside a few and toss the rest into the salad. Top with the remaining cheese cubes and serve. Enjoy!
This Summer salad is as tasty at is it colourful!
SALAD 3-4 whole beets 1/2 pkg, Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs Cashew Cheese 1 handful micro greens 2 tbsp, pomegranate seeds 1 tbsp, toasted pine nuts
Cilantro Lemon Vinaigrette ⅓ cup olive oil 2 tbsp. water 2 handfuls cilantro juice of ½ lemon 2 tsp. garlic, diced ¼ tsp. salt 1 tsp. agave nectar 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1. Wrap each beet in aluminum foil and roast in the oven at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Allow the beets to cool and then slice thinly with a mandolin.
2. Layer the beet slices in a serving dish. Top with spoonfuls of Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs Cashew Cheese (I used a small ice cream scooper for this).
3. Garnish with micro greens, pomegranate seeds and toasted pine nuts.
4. Drizzle with dressing of choice. I used this Cilantro Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe follows):
Zengarry Taco Salad with Herbed Cilantro Lime Dressing
This salad is a favourite all year long but it’s extra delicious when the ingredients are fresh, local or from the garden. We shredded some Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese from frozen into the salad and used the Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese to make the creamy cilantro lime dressing.
8-10 cups, fresh greens
½ avocado, chopped
½ can black beans
½ cup corn
½ cup chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp. Zengarry Smoky Jalapeño Cashew Cheese (frozen)
2 tbsp. green onion
Beyond Meat Beef or 2 patties (can also use lentils or meat alternatives)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more for desired consistency)
juice from 2 limes
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook up meat substitute with taco seasoning. We used Beyond Meat patties and broke them apart when cooking. Set aside when cooked.
2. Open a can of black beans. Strain and rinse. Portion ½ cup for the salad.
3. Chop salad greens, tomatoes, avocado and green onion.
4. On a plate or in a bowl layer greens, tomatoes, avocado, black beans, shredded Zengarry Smokey Jalapeno from frozen, green onion, corn.
5. In a small bowl add Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs, almond milk, lime juice and whisk together. Finely chop cilantro and add to the dressing with salt and pepper. Mix together.
6. When serving add the Herbed Cilantro Lime Dressing and crumble corn chips.
Watermelon and Brie Salad
The combination of our Double Creme cashew cheese (Brie) and fresh cubes of juicy watermelon topped with mint is mouth-watering. A perfect dish for a hot Summer day!
Fresh mint leaves
Drizzle balsamic vinegar over cubed Zengarry Double Crème cashew cheese and watermelon. Top with freshly chopped mint leaves. Enjoy!
Caesar Salad with Polenta Croutons
Everyone loves a classic like Caesar Salad! Now you can have your favourite dressing with none of the dairy and ALL of the flavour! The best part about this dressing is that it is ready in 5 minutes flat.
Gluten-free? Don’t miss out on your croutons with this fresh, hearty spin using polenta. Top off your salad with coconut bacon or veggie bacon bits and dig in to this tangy classic.
Ingredients 2 romaine lettuce hearts prepared polenta, in a tube vegan margarine 2 cloves garlic, minced coconut bacon freshly ground pepper
1/2 pkg. Zengarry Creamy Swiss Cashew Cheese
2-3 cloves, garlic 1/4 cup capers with some brine 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 1/2 - 3/4 cup water Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Prepare salad dressing - add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
2. Cut Polenta into 3/4 inch slices and then into 3/4 inch cubes.
3. Heat margarine and garlic in a non-stick frying pan.
4. Add polenta cubes and fry on each side until lightly browned.
5. Remove polenta croutons from the pan and drain on paper towel. 6. Tear Romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces. Top with Zengarry Caesar Salad Dressing, coconut bacon, polenta croutons and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Grilled Zucchini with Double Crème and Hazelnuts
This is a fun fresh salad that is decadent and satisfying. We used fresh local zucchini, garden herbs and local Hazel Nuts. It tastes great served warm or cold from the fridge.
3 large zucchinis
1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts
approx. 2 tbsp, olive oil
himalayan sea salt to taste
cracked pepper to taste
fresh lemon thyme, parsley or chives (optional)
edible flowers (optional)
1. Use a mandolin or slice zucchini lengthwise to medium thick.
2. Heat up your BBQ or grill and set to medium heat.
3. With a pastry brush lightly brush each zucchini slice with olive oil.
4. Grill the zucchini on each side until cooked.
5. Plate zucchini on your serving dish, add toasted hazel nuts, chopped Double Crème Cashew Cheese.
6. Add chopped fresh herbs (we used lemon thyme) and edible flowers, Drizzle the juice from half a lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
Not sure where to find our Cashew Cheese? Click on the link below for a store map of all retail locations near you!