Here's a Zengarry twist on a creamy classic soup! This warm and hearty vegan dish uses our Ale Aged cheddar-style cashew cheese made with Beau's All Natural Brewing Co.'s Lug Tread Ale.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 c. broccoli stems and florets, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
½ tsp. turmeric
¾ tsp. salt
4 c. vegetable broth
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged cheddar-style cashew cheese
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat a 4-quart pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and a pinch of salt and sauté the onion until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Add the broccoli, carrots, turmeric, 3 cups of broth and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and cook about 10 minutes until the carrots are tender.
3. While the soup is simmering, in a blender or food processor, blend the Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged cashew cheese with the remaining cup of broth.
4. Once the carrots are tender, add the cheese mixture to the soup pot and warm through. Season with freshly ground pepper.
5. With an immersion blender, or in batches in the food processor, purée the soup until only small bits of broccoli and carrot remain. Serve warm, garnished with fresh chives, sprouts and fresh pepper.