These tasty vegan taquitos make an awesome snack or appetizer for any event. They are so simple to make with minimal ingredients but tons of flavour!
1 wheel of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese 12 small corn tortillas 1½ c. refried beans 5-6 green onions, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet generously with olive oil or line it with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. Heat the corn tortillas for about 10 seconds in the microwave to soften them. 3. Spread 1 Tbsp of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese on the middle of each tortilla, lengthwise.
4. Spoon 1 Tbsp of refried beans onto the middle of each tortilla spread out on top of the cheese.
5. Sprinkle some chopped green onion onto the refried beans on each tortilla.
6. Roll each tortilla tightly and secure with a toothpick placing them on the baking sheet seam side down. Brush the top of each taquito with olive oil.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Flip the tortillas and bake for another 5 minutes, until edges are slightly browned.
8. Serve with your favourite Tex-Mex inspired dips, like Zengarry Queso sauce, Easy 4 ingredient guacamole (see below) and salsa.
Easy Four Ingredient Guacamole
½ a small red onion minced (about 2 Tbsp) 2 ripe avocados juice from ½ a lemon ¼ c. of your favourite salsa
1. Peel and mash avocados in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. This can also be done in a food processor for a creamier consistency.
3. You may want to add a bit of salt and pepper depending on the type of salsa you use.