These fun, healthy vegan recipes can be made ahead of time so they are ready to go in the fridge for after school snacking. Light and nutritious, these snacks will hold off hunger until dinner is served.
So easy, the kids can help prepare them too!
Ranch Dip & Veggie Mini Jars
These mini jars are as tasty as they are cute! We used Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herbs to create this refreshing and nutritious snack that can be ready-to-go in the fridge!
Carrots, cut into sticks
Red peppers, slivered
Garden fresh yellow beans
Broccoli, cut into bite-size florets
Other veggies of your choice (optional)
Zengarry Ranch Dip Ingredients: 1/2 container of Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese 1/4 C. of unsweetened almond milk
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
3 green onions, chopped finely
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. fresh dill chopped
1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
Fresh ground pepper
1. Place dip ingredients in bowl and mix with a whisk until smooth.
2. Spoon dip into mini jars.
3. Cut vegetables into long pieces for dipping and then insert into dip. Refrigerate if not eating right away. Enjoy!
Cucumber ‘Sushi’ Roll-ups
These cool, refreshing ‘sushi’ roll-ups are oh so colourful and tasty too! Cucumbers and fresh veggies paired with our Garlic & Fine Herbs cashew cheese are sure to please even the fussiest of after-school snackers!
Cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
Red and yellow peppers, slivered
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herbs cashew cheese
1. Use cheese slicer to slice thin strips of cucumber lengthwise (strips should be 6-8” long).
2. Slice remaining vegetables for ‘filling’.
3. Lay cucumber strips out flat and spread a layer of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herb cashew cheese across each slice.
4. Place small pile of remaining vegetables and herbs on one end of cucumber slice and roll up. Stand on side and ready to serve!
Burrito in a Jar
This impressive-looking after school snack is super easy to make! Have the kids help put this recipe together and layer their very own mouth-watering creation!
1 Can black beans
Corn (canned or fresh)
1 Avocado, cubed
1 Lime wedge
1 pkg. Fauxmageire Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese
1 bag tortilla chips (pick your favourite!)
1. Spoon ingredients into wide mouth mason jars, creating layers. Start with salsa and corn, then black beans, then top with a generous portion of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeno. Top the fauxmage with cubed avocado.
2. Garnish with cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice (wedge).
3. Serve cold with your favourite tortilla chips for dipping. Cover and refrigerate if not eating right away.
For more recipes like this one, visit: