It’s that time of year again! Sweater weather is almost here, the leaves are beginning to fall and soon there will be pumpkins galore- oh my! To celebrate the upcoming season, the Zengarry team has put together a collection of our most beloved vegan pumpkin recipes! We have both the savoury and the sweet to please the palate for fans of this Fall favourite!
Mini Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecakes
These adorable little vegan cheesecakes have a pecan crust and are topped with our delicious Double Crème and more pecans! They are tasty and sweet and are the perfect Fall treat to bring to a dinner party or serve your guests!
1 1/2 raw pecans pinch of sea salt
1 c. medjool dates (soak in warm water for 10 min. before)
For cheesecake filling: 1 package of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Brie style cashew cheese
1/2 c. pumpkin purée 1/2 c. maple syrup
2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Once cashew and dates have been soaked, prepare muffin tins with liners.
2. Use a food processor to make cheesecake crust by blending pecans, softened dates and pinch of salt.
3. Press crust mixture into tins making a crust. Let freeze for 15-20 minutes.
4. Blend all cheesecake filling ingredients in blender on high speed until smooth and creamy.
5. Remove tins from freezer and pour cheesecake filling into muffin tins over crust.
6. Freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
7. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and garnish with Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème cashew cheese and a few chopped pecans.
Cheesy Pumpkin and Spinach Vegan Lasagna
This cheesy vegan lasagna dish is chock full of spinach, pumpkin and our oh so dreamy Double Crème cashew cheese. This UN-BRIE-LIEVABLE dish is sure to be the star of your next family dinner!
Ingredients: lasagna noodles, cooked (whole wheat or gluten-free) 1 potato, zapped in the microwave for a minute, then peeled and grated and mixed with 1 tsp. olive oil and some salt
FOR PUMPKIN BECHAMEL: ¼ cup all-purpose flour 2 c. nondairy milk like almond or soy 1½ c. pumpkin puree A generous pinch of nutmeg Salt and pepper to taste
FOR CREAMED SPINACH: 2 tsp. olive oil 1 medium onion, finely chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 tsp. chili pepper flakes 1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème cashew cheese 8 oz. frozen, chopped spinach, thawed in the microwave Salt and pepper to taste
MAKE PUMPKIN BECHAMEL: 1. Mix the milk and flour in a bowl and whisk until well combined. 2. Preheat a sauce pan to medium heat. Add the non-dairy milk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk to prevent lumps from forming. Add the pumpkin puree and continue to whisk.
3. Cook the sauce for 10 minutes. You want it to be about the consistency of pancake batter. If the sauce gets too thick, add some more non-dairy milk. 4. Add salt and pepper to taste and the nutmeg. Stir well.
MAKE CREAMED SPINACH: 1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onion, chili pepper and garlic. 2. Sauté over medium heat until the onions turn translucent. 3. Add the Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème and thawed spinach and continue cooking about two minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add some water. Add salt and ground pepper and, if desired, a dash of nutmeg. Turn off the heat.
ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNA: 1. Spread a spoonful of the pumpkin bechamel on the bottom of a 8 X 5-inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
2. Arrange three or four cooked noodles on top of the sauce, then pour half of the pumpkin sauce on the noodles and spread evenly. Add another layer of noodles, then spread the spinach-Brie mixture out evenly. Add another layer of lasagna noodles on top of the spinach and spread the remaining pumpkin sauce over the noodles. Top with the grated potato. 3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 375 F degree oven for 60 minutes, removing the foil for the last 15-20 minutes.
Note: For a bit more crunch on top turn the oven to broil and broil until the potatoes turn golden-brown and crunchy, about 5-10 minutes, being careful not to burn.
Vegan Pumpkin Risotto
Use this recipe at your Thanksgiving dinner on the weekend or just to warm your heart on a weekday evening. All you have to do is serve it in a nice dish, add pine nuts and that's it! A perfect presentation! This recipe serves only 3 or 4 people as main course, so double it if you plan on feeding more!
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 c. Arborio rice (rice for risotto)
1/4 c. dry white wine (optional)
4 c. vegetable broth
1/2 tsp. thyme, chopped
About 1 cup of pumpkin puree
Salt and pepper to season
3 Tbsp. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss or Aged Cumin cashew cheese
2 Tbsp. pine nuts, slightly roasted
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and fry onion until softened. Add the rice and mix to coat well. The rice will become a little translucent.
2. Heat your vegetable broth in a separate pot. Do not let boil. Once heated, keep broth over low heat to keep it warm.
3. Add wine to onion and rice mixture and allow the liquid to evaporate. Add a full ladle of broth to the rice mixture, stirring until most of the liquid is absorbed. Keep the pot on medium-low heat, so that the broth gently simmers when added. Continue adding broth one ladle at a time. Add thyme halfway through.
4. When almost all the broth is absorbed, add pumpkin purée and Fauxmagerie Zengarry cashew cheese and mix well.
5. Remove from heat and let stand uncovered. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with roasted pine nuts and serve!
Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes Topped with Brie
This hearty, dairy-free breakfast is topped with our Brie-style Double Crème cashew cheese and is melt-in-your-mouth delicious! These vegan pumpkin pancakes can be made and frozen ahead of time and served as an after school snack!
1 ¼ cups gluten-free flour blend 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (for sweetening batter) 2 tsp. baking powder Pinch of salt 1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk) ¾ tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice 1/2 cup pumpkin puree Coconut oil for frying 1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème (Brie) cashew cheese ½ cup fresh blueberries
1. Pre-heat griddle or pan.
2. Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well. Add wet ingredients to bowl and mix again.
3. Add coconut oil to griddle or pan. Pour ¼ cup of pancake batter into pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side until cooked through. Repeat until batter is all gone.
4. Top pancakes with Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Crème (while still warm) and garnish with blueberries.
Find a store location where to buy our cashew cheese products: