Mushroom and Swiss flavours combine to create this flavourful, cheesy vegan rice dish made in the Instant Pot that will warm you up on a cold Winter’s day!
3 Tbsp. vegan butter
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups mixed mushrooms
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
4 cups veggie or mushroom broth
½ pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese
¼ cup chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Set Instant Pot electric pressure cooker to sauté.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp. vegan butter.
3. Cook onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent.
4. Mix in rice and mushrooms. Turn Instant Pot off.
5. Pour in broth. Stir.
6. Set Instant Pot to manual – pressure cook for 7 minutes.
7. Quick pressure release.
8. Mix in the remaining 1 Tbsp. vegan butter, Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and serve immediately.
For where to buy our cashew cheese products, visit: