Use this recipe at your family weekend dinner or potluck or just to warm your heart on a weekday evening. All you have to do is serve it in a nice dish, add pine nuts and that's it! A perfect presentation! This recipe serves only 3 or 4 people as main course, so double it if you plan on feeding more!
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 ½ c. Arborio rice (rice for risotto)
1/4 c. dry white wine (optional)
4 c. vegetable broth
1/2 tsp. thyme, chopped
About 1 cup of pumpkin puree
Salt and pepper to season
3 Tbsp. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss or Aged Cumin cashew cheese
2 Tbsp. pine nuts, slightly roasted
1. In Instant Pot, heat olive oil on Sauté setting. Add onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
2. Add rice and mix to coat well. The rice will become a little translucent.
3. Add wine to onion and rice mixture and allow the liquid to evaporate. Add thyme.
4. Add broth.
5. Put lid on Instant Pot and seal and cook on Manual for 7 minutes.
6. Turn off Instant pot and do quick release. Open, stir and garnish with toasted pine nuts.
7. Add pumpkin purée, Fauxmagerie Zengarry cashew cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
For where to buy our cashew cheese products, visit: