This recipe by Michelle Vysohlid will certainly become a fall and winter favorite in your household. Sometimes there is nothing better than apple pie but an apple pie with Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese, apples and cinnamon! This tasty medley of fall and winter flavours is dairy free and has all that creamy cheese flavour that we know and love, best of all it is easy to make with a few simple steps.
· Pie Crust (Use pie crust of choice. I used a shortbread cookie pie crust).
· ½ cup Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese.
· ¼ cup sweetener of choice (ex. date sugar, coconut sugar, lakanto, etc.)
· ½ Tbsp lemon juice
· 4 Tbsp nut or seed milk
· 2-3 Granny Smith apples, sliced thin
· 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
· 1 Tbsp true cinnamon
· 1 tbsp of your chosen sweetener or maple syrup
1. Pie Crust: Prepare as your pie crust directions state.
2. Cream “Cheese” Filling: Whip together Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese, sweetener, lemon juice and nut or seed milk with electric mixer then spread into your pie crust.
3. Caramelized Cinnamon Apples:
· Melt oil in a pan on medium heat
· Add sliced apples, cinnamon and sweetener
· Cook until caramelized
· Layer apples on top of cheese layer
· Bake the whole pie at 350 for 8-10 mins.
4. Serve with coconut whip cream and enjoy!
Recipe creation by Michelle Vysohlid CNP, hons . Find her on Instagram here.