It comes together in the time it takes to cook your pasta (20 minutes or less), and even my picky 11 year old son likes it.... minus the mushrooms, of course.
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (or whatever veggies you happen to have like asparagus, bell peppers, broccoli....)
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package of chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 to 3/4 package of Zengarry Raw Brie Style Cashew Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of your favourite cooked pasta (I used organic kamut rotini)
Sauté the onion, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes in a bit of oil or broth until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes more. Add chopped spinach and cook until thawed. Add Brie Style Cashew Cheese and mix well. Add cooked pasta and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.