We have some great vegan appetizer ideas for your next dinner party or gathering! These fun appetizers use our delicious Zengarry cashew cheese are are suitable for your guests who eat dairy-free! They are super easy but will look impressive when you serve them to your guests.
Mini Pretzel Cheeseball Bites
Watch these mini vegan 'cheeseball' bites disappear as your guests eat them up! This vegan and dairy-free appetizer is made with our Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese and is the perfect fun fingerfood for your next party!
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese
1/4 c. chopped pecan pieces
2 Tbsp. chopped rosemary or chopped green onion
1/4 c. bacon flavoured tempeh (crumbled and sautéd) or simulated bacon bits
10 pretzel sticks
1. Combine the crumbled tempeh (or bacon bits), chopped rosemary and chopped pecan pieces in a shallow bowl and combine well.
2. With a small (about 1/2 Tbsp.) ice cream scoop, scoop out balls of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese and drop them into the tempeh mixture.
3. Carefully roll them around until they are covered with the mixture.
4. Arrange the cheeseballs on a serving platter and insert a pretzel stick into each one.
5. Refrigerate the cheeseballs until you are ready to serve them.
These crispy vegan phyllo cigar appetizers are sure to impress your guests! They are stuffed with our Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese, asparagus spears and mushrooms! Delish!
Lynda’s Tip: Make sure you don't let your phyllo sheets dry out or the pastries will get brittle. I keep them moist by covering the sheets I'm not using yet with parchment paper and a damp clean dish towel until I'm ready to use Ingredients:
1 pkg. of vegan phyllo dough, thawed in the fridge overnight
1 pkg. of Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese
1 lb. of asparagus
1 lb. of sliced button mushrooms
1-2 Tbsp fresh sage, minced
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
Olive oil for brushing
1. Blanch your asparagus in boiling water and then plunge it in ice water to stop the cooking. This way they stay nice bright green and don't get overcooked. Sauté the mushrooms in a bit of olive oil (or broth or water) until softened.
2. Add sage and balsamic vinegar and sauté for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Take your phyllo dough out of the box and lay it on the counter covered by parchment paper and a damp dish towel. Carefully lay out 2 sheets of phyllo dough one on top of the other. Cover the rest of the sheets with the plastic and damp dish towel again.
4. Brush the tops of both sheets with olive oil (or spray with cooking spray).
5. Slice your phyllo dough widthwise (so you get 3 long rectangles about the width of a cigar).
6. Lay your stuffing (mushrooms, 2 asparagus stalks and a couple of dollops of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Creamy Swiss cashew cheese) along the bottom of your phyllo rectangle.
7. Roll each rectangle around your stuffing to form a cigar shape. Arrange your cigars on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
8. Cook in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F. for about 12 minutes, or until your cigars begin to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Be prepared to be asked to make these fun vegan appetizers again and again! These crispy stuffed Jalapeño Poppers are made with our Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese. Warm, zesty, gooey goodness!
6 jalapeño peppers, cut lengthwise, seeds and pith removed
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cashew cheese
1/2 c. almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1.5 Tbsp. ground flax seed
1/4 c. flour
1/2 to 3/4 c. bread crumbs or Panko
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. salt
Salsa or cashew sour cream for serving
1. Prep the Jalapeños. Remove the pith and seeds. (Wear gloves. Trust me on this.) Fill the jalapeños with Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño cheese.
2. Set up the breading line up. One bowl of almond milk/flax mixture. One bowl of flour. One bowl of bread crumb mixture. Dip Jalapeños in flour, then flax mixtures, then bread crumb mixture, then lay them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa or cashew sour cream.
Hot Cheesy Bites
These colourful and easy appetizers use our popular Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil cashew cheese! Yum!
1 pkg. of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil cashew cheese
2 Tbsp. olive oil
½ c. artichoke
Sriracha sauce, to taste
½ c. balsamic reduction
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cut the baguette into ½ inch slices. Add olive oil and Fauxmagerie Zengarry Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil cashew cheese.
2. Garnish with the artichokes and spinach. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Top with balsamic reduction and hot sauce.
Hot Artichoke Dip
This warm and delicious Artichoke Dip is a wonderful addition for any occasion. Creamy and tangy with a bit of a spicy bite at the end.
Serve it on crostini or use it to stuff mushroom caps or pasta shells. Its versatility and simplicity will have you coming back to this recipe over and over. With three simple steps and 9 ingredients it comes together quickly and can be prepared days in advance!
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
1/2 c. red bell pepper, finely diced
2 oz. green chilies OR 1/2 tsp. of crushed dried red chillies
1 can water packed artichokes, drained and chopped
1/2 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. On medium high heat, sauté onions, green chilies (or crushed red chillies) and red bell pepper in a Tbsp of olive oil.
2. When onions have become transparent (about 5 minutes) add in the artichokes, and sauté for a few more minutes.
3. Lower the heat to medium and add the Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese, the rest of the olive oil and lemon juice to the skillet and stir to combine.
4. Cook until artichoke mixture is heated through and somewhat thickened.