These Citrus Ginger Roasted Carrots are the perfect holiday dinner side dish to wow your guests with minimal preparation. Not only is it gorgeous but it's also healthy and packed full of beneficial nutrients. Topped with Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs Cashew Cheese, this is a healthy plant-based dish that all of your friends and family will love.
This featured recipe was created by the talented Crystal Hughes of Heart Fully Nourished.
15 medium carrots (I used 8 purple ones and 6 orange)
2 mandarin oranges
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp oil (I used avocado oil)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tsp fresh ginger grated
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
1/4 tsp ginger
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese
2 tbsp parsley (optional)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 °F
2. Wash the carrots with a brush or your hands. I didn't remove the peels. Slice them in half, lengthwise.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the carrots. Set it aside.
1. To make the sauce, squeeze the mandarin oranges in a lemon juicer and put the juice into a small bowl.
2. Then add in the salt, pepper, oil, maple syrup, balsamic, and grated ginger. Stir together with a whisk.
3. Spoon the sauce over the carrots and place in the oven for 25- 30 mins. The carrots should still be a little crunchy, you don't want them soggy.
1. Put the pecans on a baking tray and place them in the oven with the carrots. Let them brown for 4 mins.
2. Line a plate or tray with parchment paper.
3. While cooking the pecans, put ginger, salt, pepper, and maple syrup into a small sauce pan.
4. Bring to a boil over low heat.
5. Add in cooked the hot pecans.
6. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens a bit.
7. Pour the maple pecans onto a parchment lined tray or plate and let them cool.
1. Cut the pomegranate and take out half of the seeds.
2. Top the carrots with pomegranates, maple pecans, Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese, and parsley.
Serve immediately while hot. Makes 5 servings.