For this dish you can use your favourite crêpe recipe or the one for whole wheat crêpes that is included below. We recommend using whole wheat pastry flour and not regular whole wheat flour for best results. This recipe uses our Rosemary Blueberry Chèvre cashew cheese, but you could use Zengarry Brie style or Gruyere style vegan cashew cheese.
Lynda's Tip: make the crêpes and Blueberry Citrus Sauce the night before and then just assemble the whole dish in the morning.
Blueberry Citrus Sauce
1/4 c. orange juice
3 Tbsp. lemon juice 1/2 cup sugar 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
4 c. frozen blueberries zest from the lemon
1. In a saucepan combine orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch.
2. Heat over medium heat and mix until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the blueberries, bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add lemon zest. Allow to cool and thicken slightly.
Ingredients (for the crêpes):
1 1/2 c. of whole wheat pastry flour
2 Tbsp. cornstarch 1 tsp. salt 1 c. water
1 c. almond milk 2 Tbsp. sunflower oil
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
Fauxmagerie Zengarry Brie cashew cheese Blueberry Citrus Sauce Orange slices
1. Put all ingredients in the blender. Blend on high for a minute or so.
2. Refrigerate the batter for about 1 hour. The batter should be very thin.
3. Heat a non-stick pan. It will be ready when a few drops of water sizzle when dropped on the pan.
4. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Ladle about 1/2 cup batter into your pan.
5. Swirl the pan gently to spread the batter out into a large circle.
6. Cook until the edges of the crêpe is dry and the centre is bubbling. Flip and cook another minute or so. Remove to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter.
7. Lay out a crêpe on a flat surface. Spread Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double-Crème Brie style cashew cheese all the way down the crêpe and roll the crêpe up like a cigar.
8. Repeat with the rest of the crêpes.
9. Top with Blueberry Citrus Sauce and add orange wedges and serve immediately.