Here's a Zengarry twist on a creamy classic soup! This warm and hearty vegan dish uses our Ale Aged cheddar-style cashew cheese made with Beau's All Natural Brewing Co.'s Lug Tread Ale. It is made in the Instant Pot, so ready for lunch in no time and no standing over the stove all morning long!
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 c. broccoli stems and florets, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
½ tsp. turmeric
¾ tsp. salt
4 c. vegetable broth
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged cashew cheese
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Turn on Instant Pot to Sauté setting. Add the olive oil and a pinch of salt and sauté the onion until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Add the broccoli, carrots, turmeric, 3 cups of broth and salt. Cover, select Manual setting and cook on high pressure for about 6 minutes.
3. While broth mixture is cooking, blend the Fauxmagerie Zengarry Ale Aged cashew cheese with the remaining cup of broth in a food processor or blender.
4. Once cooked, release pressure with Quick Release.
5. Add the cheese mixture to the soup pot and set Instant Pot to sauté. Cook for 4-5 minutes until cashew cheese is completely melted and heated through.
6. With an immersion blender, or in batches in the food processor, purée the soup until only small bits of broccoli and carrot remain. Serve warm, garnished with fresh chives, sprouts (optional) and fresh ground pepper.
For more recipes like this, visit: