4 English Muffins 4 veggie burger patties or vegan sausage 1 tomato, sliced 1 avocado, sliced Fresh watercress ½ package of your favourite Fauxmagerie Zengarry cashew cheese 1 Tbsp. olive oil Salt & pepper, to taste Hollandaise sauce (see recipe below)
1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the veggie pattie or veggie sausage in olive oil until lightly browned and crisp.
2. Spread the Fauxmagerie Zengarry cashew cheese on the toasted English Muffins. Add the veggie meat, watercress, tomatoes, avocado and top with the Hollandaise sauce. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
For the Hollandaise sauce
2 Tbsp. olive oil ¼ cup minced shallot 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. arrowroot ¼ cup white wine 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar ¼ tsp. turmeric 2 Tbsp. vegetable broth powder 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice ¼ tsp. salt or to taste
1. In a small saucepan, sauté the shallot in oil or broth or water for about 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile whisk the almond milk and arrowroot together until the arrowroot is mostly dissolved. Add turmeric and broth powder to the milk mixture.
3. Add the white wine and vinegar to the shallots. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes, until the liquid has reduced to about 2 Tbsp.
4. Add the milk mixture to the pan and reduce heat to medium. Whisk constantly for 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Once the sauce is thickened add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice and salt.