Homemade lasagna was always a family favourite in our household. Frequently made for family dinners, birthdays or stored in the freezer for a surprise meal on a busy day. The ultimate comfort food with tender noodles wrapped in flavorful sauce and topped with cheese.
This version of our deconstructed Lasagna is a fast 20-minute meal when you want a quick, vegan, and healthy version of your food comforts from home.
· 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
· 8-10 button mushrooms
· 2 plant-based sausages, crumbled
· 1 jar (approx. 650ml) of your favourite tomato based pasta sauce
· 1 cup of oat milk or your favourite plant-based milk
· 5-6 lasagna noodles
· 1 package of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese
· Salt and pepper to taste
· Fresh parsley for garnish
1. In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms in the oil until softened.
2. Crumble the sausage and add to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes more.
3. Add the pasta sauce and the oat milk and stir until well combined.
4. Break up the uncooked lasagna noodles into large pieces and add to the skillet.
5. Mix the noodles in trying to cover them with sauce.
6. Place a cover on the skillet and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until the noodles are softened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Once the noodles are at the desired texture, remove the skillet from the heat.
8. With a spoon, add dollops of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese to the top of the lasagna.
9. Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top.
10. Serve immediately and enjoy.