Nothing says Summer like salads and nothing is quite as tasty as a salad topped with
our Zengarry cashew cheese!
We have collected 5 of our best salad recipes to give you a fresh take on dressings done the Fauxmagerie Zengarry way!
Avocado Citrus Salad with Fennel
This zesty Summer salad is chock full of fresh avocados and fennel and is topped with our very popular Garlic & Fine Herbs cashew cheese! Treat your guests to garden fresh!
1 orange, peeled and sliced
2 avocados, cut into wedges
1 sliced fennel
2 finely sliced radishes
1 coarsely chopped green onion
Apple cider vinegar
Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herbs cashew cheese
Fresh ground pepper
1. Combine first 5 ingredients.
2. Combine olive oil and apple cider vinegar and drizzle over salad.
3. Add cashew cheese to salad with a scoop.
4. Season with paprika and ground pepper. Top with fennel sprigs.
Pomegranate-Lime Salad with Aged Cumin Dressing
The unique flavour of our Aged Cumin cashew cheese is a match made in heaven for this light and zesty pomegranate-lime combo!
Arugula leaves ½ cup sliced red onion (optional) ¼ cup pomegranate seeds 2 radishes, sliced Fauxmagerie Zengarry Aged Cumin cashew cheese 2 Tbsp. lime juice Fresh cilantro Fresh ground pepper
Lime wedge for garnish
1. Combine first four ingredients together. Drizzle with fresh lime juice.
2. Melt Fauxmagerie Zengarry cashew cheese and pour over salad.
3. Season with fresh ground pepper and garnish with cilantro and lime.
This Summer salad is as tasty at is it colourful!
Ingredients: 3-4 whole beets 1/2 package Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs Cashew Cheese 1 handful of micro greens 2 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds 1 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts
1. Wrap each beet in aluminum foil and roast in the oven at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Allow the beets to cool and then slice thinly with a mandolin.
2. Layer the beet slices in a serving dish. Top with spoonfuls of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs Cashew Cheese (I used a small ice cream scooper for this).
3. Garnish with micro greens, pomegranate seeds and toasted pine nuts.
4. Drizzle with dressing of choice. I used this Cilantro Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe follows):
Cilantro Lemon Vinaigrette ⅓ cup olive oil 2 Tbsp water 2 handfuls cilantro juice of ½ lemon 2 tsp. garlic, diced ¼ tsp. salt 1 tsp agave nectar 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Watermelon and Brie Salad
The combination of our Double Creme cashew cheese (Brie) and fresh cubes of juicy watermelon topped with mint is mouth-watering. A perfect dish for a hot Summer day!
Fauxmagerie Zengarry Double Creme cashew cheese
Fresh mint leaves
Drizzle balsamic vinegar over cubed Fauxmagaerie Zengarry Double Crème cashew cheese and watermelon. Top with freshly chopped mint leaves. Enjoy!
Caesar Salad with Polenta Croutons
Everyone loves a classic like Caesar Salad! Now you can have your favourite dressing with none of the dairy and ALL of the flavour! The best part about this dressing is that it is ready in 5 minutes flat.
Gluten-free? Don’t miss out on your croutons with this fresh, hearty spin using polenta. Top off your salad with coconut bacon or veggie bacon bits and dig in to this tangy classic.
Ingredients: 2 Romaine lettuce hearts Prepared polenta (in a tube) Vegan margarine 2 cloves garlic, minced Coconut bacon Freshly ground pepper Zengarry Caesar Salad Dressing (recipe below)
1. Cut Polenta into 3/4 inch slices and then into 3/4 inch cubes.
2. Heat margarine and garlic in a non-stick frying pan.
3. Add polenta cubes and fry on each side until lightly browned.
4. Remove polenta croutons from the pan and drain on paper towel. 5. Tear Romaine lettuce into bite sized pieces. Top with Zengarry Caesar Salad Dressing, coconut bacon, polenta croutons and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice.
Zengarry Caesar Salad Dressing 1/2 package of Zengarry Creamy Swiss Cashew Cheese
2-3 cloves of garlic 1/4 cup of capers with some brine 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice 1/2 to 3/4 cup water Freshly ground pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Not sure where to find our fauxmage? Click on the link below for retail location near you!