These rich and cheesy plant-based dips are sure to be fan favourites no matter what team your cheering for!
Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Dip
1 container of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Aged Cumin Cashew Cheese
1/2 cup of chickpeas
1/4 cup of Buffalo Sauce
1/4 cup of vegan Ranch
1/2 cup of plain, unsweetened plant milk
Preheat the oven to 375 and lightly grease a small oven safe dip dish
In a food processor, add 1/2 of the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth
Fold in the rest of the chickpeas and transfer into the baking dish
Bake for 15 minutes, then serve hot with your favourite crackers + veggies !
Loaded Queso Dip
1 package of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño fauxmage
1 cup salsa
½ cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk of your choice
1 jalapeno, diced
1 package vegan chorizo-style meatless ground
½ red onion, diced
½ a 16 ounce cup of black beans, drained and rinsed
Cayenne pepper to taste
1 tsp of neutral oil of your choice, like sunflower oil or avocado oil
In a medium saucepan, add the oil, diced onion, jalapeno, black beans and vegan ground meat. Cook until the onions are translucent and the meat is slightly browned. Set aside.
In the same saucepan, add the package of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Smokey Jalapeño fauxmage and the non-dairy milk. Break up the fauxmage and stir frequently until it’s all melted together.
Add the salsa or tomatoes.
Add cayenne slowly, tasting as you go until it’s the perfect level of heat.
Add the onion, jalapeno and meat from earlier and stir. If you’d like, keep a couple tablespoons worth set aside as a garnish for the end.
Let the sauce heat up for a couple minutes, then serve!
Cheesy Layered Bean Dip
1 can refried beans with jalapeños
3/4 c. salsa
Zengarry Queso Sauce (recipe above)
1 c. chopped romaine lettuce 3 green onions, chopped
A handful of sliced black olives
Layer the refried beans in an oven proof dish.
Top with salsa and Zengarry's Queso Sauce.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Top with lettuce, green onions and olives.
Serve warm with your favourite nacho chips!
Hot Artichoke Dip
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
2 oz. pickled jalapeños OR 1/2 tsp. of crushed dried red chillies
1 can water packed artichokes, drained and chopped
1 pkg. frozen spinach
1 pkg. Fauxmagerie Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs Cashew Cheese
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
On medium high heat, sauté onions, pickled jalapeños (or crushed red chillies) and red bell pepper in a Tbsp of olive oil.
When onions have become transparent (about 5 minutes) add in the artichokes, and sauté for a few more minutes. Add spinach and break up until blended. 3. Lower the heat to medium and add the Zengarry Garlic and Fine Herbs cashew cheese, the rest of the olive oil and lemon juice to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook until artichoke mixture is heated through ad somewhat thickened.
Chili Cheese Nacho Dip
Instant Pot Chili (or use your own chili recipe)
2 cups vegetable stock (see directions)
1 cup dry brown lentils
1 green pepper diced
1 28 oz can of crushed tomato
1 19 oz can of red kidney beans
1 14oz can of baked beans in tomato sauce
1 cooking onion minced
3 cloves of minced garlic
2 Tbsp neutral cooking oil
2 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dry oregano
1 1/2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper + more to taste
Melty Beer Cheese Sauce
1 package of Fauxmagerie Zengarry Aged Ale Cashew wheel
1/3 cup of light beer
1 1/2 cup of plant based milk
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp tapioca starch
Salt and pepper to taste
**optional, in advance, simmer your stock with a handful of dried mushrooms, a splash of tamari, liquid smoke, and 1 Tbsp of red miso to give it more of a beef like flavour and depth before adding to your chili **
1. Turn your Instant Pot on Sauté mode.Add in oil, peppers and onion. Sauté until the onion is slightly translucent, and very fragrant. Next add in garlic and spices and fold together. Cook for another minute to develop those flavours. Turn off Sauté Mode
2. Add everything else for the Chili to your Instant Pot, while reserving 1/2 a cup of the stock to use after the cook time (if needed) for a thinner consistancy. Stir everything together until evenly incorporated.
3. Put the lid on, seal the steam valve and pressure cook for 15 mins, then allow the steam to naturally release for 10 minutes, before manually releasing any pressure that is left.
This makes enough chili to reserve half in the freezer for a later date when plating it as a topper for your beer cheese sauce. If you're feeding a large crowd, double the cheese sauce recipe and eat it all up!
1. In a saucepan or pot on medium heat, add your cheese wheel, along with a little bit of milk and beer. Mix with a whisk as it melts slowly, adding your liquid little by little to incorporate smoothly as it simmers.
2. With the last 1/2 cup of milk, whisk in the tapioca starch to create a slurry. Pour the slurry in, along with nutritional yeast, cayenne, salt and pepper. Bring the heat up to medium high and whisk continuously until smooth and glossy. The tapioca starch adds a slight bit of stretch and texture similar to that of a real cheese sauce.
In a shallow, wide serving bowl, pour in hot cheese sauce, scoop on almost half of that chili, and add desired toppings. Fresh grilled corn, parsley and a sprinkle of chili powder was perfect. Dip away with your favourite corn chips!