Fresh garden veggies are what summer are made for. Eating fresh and in season not only tastes ah-mazing, but it nourishes your body. If you don't have a garden with oodles of zucchini, shop local and pick some up at your local farmers market or grocery store. Here are 10 fun, easy recipes using zucchini that the whole family will love.
1. Raw Zucchini Roll Ups with Marinara Sauce. Here is quick dinner idea and an easy way to include more fresh, whole, nutrient-dense foods in your diet! These raw vegan zucchini roll-ups are easy to make, and stuffed full with Zengarry Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese.
2. Raw Sun Dried Tomato and Basil Zoodles. A creamy dairy-free alternative to a typical pasta dish! Use zucchini zoodles with this fresh-tasting sauce made with our Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil cashew cheese.
3. Raw Pesto Lasagna. There are so many reasons to love this recipe.... It's 100% raw and full of live digestive enzymes, vitamins and nutrients in their purest form. It's ready in 5 minutes. Just slice, layer and dig in! It's also incredibly delicious and surprisingly filling.
4. Plant-based Zucchini Ravioli. Zucchini noodles are often thought of as a diet food or a substitute for the real thing, but we prefer to think of them as their own category. Zucchini is a lighter, super nutritious replacement for pasta, but it doesn't need to be boring! Instead of the regular spiralized zoodles, we made these cheesy "raviolis" with zucchini slices, mushrooms, marinara sauce and (of course) a healthy serving of Sun Dried Tomato & Basil cashew cheese.
5. Grilled Zucchini with Double Creme and Hazelnuts. This is a fun fresh salad that has is rich decadent and satisfying. We used fresh local zucchini, garden herbs and local hazelnuts. Tastes great warm or cold from the fridge.
6. Quinoa Salad with Grilled Zucchini. This is a hearty salad that can be eaten as a meal. It takes in the flavours of the season and is packed with plant based protein.
7. Roasted Veggie Sandwich. The best part about this recipe is that you can substitute any of the vegetables for whatever you have on hand or whatever is in season! Obviously we're loving zucchini slices in there these days, but any variety of leafy greens, starchier vegetables, and sweeter veg like peppers or tomatoes combine beautifully here!
8. Amy Longard's Tempeh Bolognese. Holistic Nutritionist Amy Longard shares this delicious vegan tempeh bolognese recipe. The zesty, flavourful sauce is served over zucchini noodles and topped with grated Zengarry cashew cheese!